The Young Friends of St. Louis Public Radio is an active group of young public radio listeners dedicated to furthering St. Louis Public Radio as a trusted source of information and entertainment that opens minds and nourishes the spirit.
The group works hand-in-hand with station leadership to create a more informed and engaged community of young professionals in the St. Louis area - one challenged and invigorated by a deeper understanding and appreciation of events, ideas and cultures.
Benefits of membership:
- Receive our monthly e-newsletter, which keeps you informed on programming, events, station news and ticket giveaways
- Tours of the station upon request
- Members-only discounts on tickets to selected St. Louis Public Radio events
- Discounts and invitations to exclusive Young Friends events
If you're already a member of St. Louis Public Radio, let us know and we will add you to the young friends group. If you'd like to speak to someone about the young friends, please contact Kristen Ratican at (314) 516-7472 or e-mail .
Young Friends Event Support Team
Be an ambassador for the Young Friends of St. Louis Public Radio!
You can register for our Young Friends Event Support Team, helping out in a variety of ways as your time allows, including:
- Volunteering at Young Friends events such as Public Radio on Tap and MetroQuest
- Participating in brainstorming sessions for future Young Friends events and activities
- Serving as a volunteer at other St. Louis Public Radio events, such as Trivia Night
- Leading tours of the station
- Providing administrative support at the station
We will contact you with opportunities as they arise. For more information, contact Kristen Ratican at firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Friends Leadership Council (YFLC)
The YFLC is a place for people with a major passion for St. Louis Public Radio to come together, and with whatever resources fit them best, strive to create support for St. Louis Public Radio, both locally and nationally. YFLC members are chosen on the basis of their willingness to contribute their time, talent, and support.
Service as a board member is a one year commitment of approximately ten hours per month. The YFLC is the primary governing body of the Young Friends of St. Louis Public Radio and requires a serious commitment to leading the organization.
Since its inception in Fall 2010, the YFLC has concentrated its efforts on organizing events related to the mission of St. Louis Public Radio and partnering with organizations that share our commitment to fostering a flow of information and entertainment that opens minds and nourishes the spirit.
Applications are currently closed for 2014, but you can still apply for next year and we will keep your application on file.